Monday, February 14, 2011

Gear changes

I reported earlier that I purchased a 2010 Scott Scale 29. This has been a great bike for me and it treated me well. I weigh about 150 lbs and that is a weight I am comfortable with and will be trying to maintain. My bike however weighs a svelt 27.4 lbs which isn't exactly light for a XC hardtail race bike, especially for someone my size. So, I am in the process of making a few modifications. My goal is to have a much lighter bike that will give me a better power to weight ratio and better gearing for XC racing. More information to come later but for now I will leave you with this...

2 comments:

  1. What kind of changes are in store for the weight savings? Are you planning on doing all of this yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full XO drivetrain, all new cockpit, basically everything. I just made a new post with the changes. I was going to do the build with some friends but plans changed and the LBS is doing it for me now.

    ReplyDelete