Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Beginning of My Primal Journey

I recently spent a lot of hours alone in the car while driving back from Colorado and I discovered podcasts about the Paleo/Primal way of eating and living.  For 9 hours I listened to podcasts from Fat Burning ManLatest in Paleo and Rob Wolf.  This idea was planted in my brain when my cousin Wallace at Hike Bike Dale made a few posts about fasting and how it worked.  I was intrigued so I did what I always do, dive right in head first into the research and learning process.

I started to eat healthier when I was in college and I watched the movie 'Super Size Me.'  Over the years I have been eating more and more healthy, transitioning to organic and grass fed foods just in the last few years.  In the last year I have reduced my meat intake and focused a lot on vegetables.  Along with cycling I have lost a little bit of body fat but I still retain more than I want to carry.  So, I plan to document my journey as I adjust my diet to a more primal way of eating and living.  This is mostly for myself and a few others but I think it will be good to write down what I am going through.  The types of food I eat will change, the frequency of food will change, my workouts will change and eventually I will try Intermittent Fasting.  So, here we go!

Here is what I look like as I start out.  I admit most people would look at me and think I am crazy for wanting to change.  But my goal has always been health and keeping myself fit.  I race bikes and lift weights and I would like to be faster and stronger while maintaining a lower body fat percentage.  Obviously I want to gain muscle while losing fat.  My starting weight is 146.2, I am 5'7" and 30 years old.

This is my journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment